Now that Labor Day has come and gone, I, like the rest of us, am antsy for the refreshing time of year that is Fall. Around this time of year, I always feel underwhelmed with my closet, waiting on the change of season to find inspiration again. Writing this post for you guys made me excited to start reaching for these pieces everyday! I feel like my personal style really shines through with the Fall season and I can't wait to share some of that with you!
It's always exciting to see what fun pieces come out for Fall, but I always find myself sticking to the same basics. As a student on a budget, having these staple pieces to mix and match throughout the season will keep your closet versatile without breaking the bank. Click the links below to shop my must haves for a stylish Fall season!
- Booties: These J.Crew Factory camel booties are by far my most worn items of the season (and they've been around for 2 seasons!!) They are so versatile and go with everything. It makes it so easy to get dressed in the morning knowing I have these to throw on that will match almost anything I put on. I also have them in black. Wait for them to go on sale (because they will!!)
- Light weight sweaters: When it starts to get chilly, I'm always the first to complain of cold weather. For me, having comfy and warm sweaters is a must for layering, and having light-weight sweaters in a few staple neutral colors makes getting dressed easy. I'm excited to wear this fun ruffle sleeve detail sweater this and this rollneck classic in navy.
- Straight leg raw hem denim: I picked up these on sale and I'm excited to see what they bring to my style this Fall. Denim is my favorite come Fall because it's finally cool enough to comfortably live in them. Girls on a budget like me, check out this very similar pair I love, the darker version of my lived in white jeans from this summer.
- Neutral tees: It's no secret that I'm a huge t-shirt girl. Fall is the season of layers and a good neutral tee can serve as a wardrobe workhorse for transition seasons. For a tailored look, I have this one in grey, white and olive. For a more boyfriend relaxed look I love these. I recently picked up this Madewell vintage tee in navy (under $15!!) and this cropped one in grey to wear with high waisted jeans. A steal for only $9!! All are reasonably priced, great quality and never fail to be team players with changing seasons.
- Light weight neutral jacket: I have this jacket and it always comes in as the MVP around Fall. It's light enough to layer, reasonably priced, and goes with just about everything. I sized up for a more relaxed fit and I can't wait to start wearing this baby again! A splurge which I've heard great things about and a save which will give you the same look at a cheaper price.
- Vests: I am a guilty vest fanatic. I've got them in patterns and solids, but I always find myself reaching for my classic black one. I size up one size to serve as a layering piece. These serve as a staple every Fall and I can't see that changing anytime soon. I've even got a heavy weight one for when temperatures really begin to drop.
- Button down shirts: These are a huge staple for me with every season, and I find they are the perfect "in-between" seasons piece because you can layer them, or throw them on by themselves for a cute and easy look. I love a good short sleeve one to tuck in and pair with booties and jeans when it's "not quite Fall yet," and a simple long sleeve one to throw on with vests. I've got my eye on this chambray one and this fun gingham one.
- Neutral colored bag: I got the Madewell Simple crossbody as a gift two seasons ago and it's still my go to bag. It's timeless, wears in beautifully and is great quality. Can't complain with that, it's no wonder I reach for it time and time again!
What are some of your Fall staples?!